Our number one priority remains to protect our customers and employees while continuing to provide electric, water and sewer services to the community.
In order to minimize the economic impact on our customers, we are implementing the updated operating procedures effective immediately:
• The West Memphis Utilities will be temporarily suspending disconnects for residential and commercial customers for nonpayment. We understand the financial impact COVID-19 can have on our community, and we are dedicated to supporting our customers and employees during this time.
• Utilities will also be suspending all late fees for the month of May.
Financial Insecurity due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides eligible households with help in paying utility bills. The program pays benefits of fixed amounts based on household income. An additional benefit is available to eligible households having a high energy burden.
Eligibility is based on annualized income and the number of members in the household. The Summer program will assist with regular electric bills or shut off notices. All payments are made directly to the vendor.
Special provisions are made for those households whose utility cost is included in their rent and those living in subsidized housing
Contact Your Local LIHEAP Assistance Office or visit:
Some alternatives to consider:
• Pay your bill online at https://www.westmemphisar.gov/150/Utilities
• Pay your bill at our after-hours payment drop box at: 604 E. Cooper Ave., West Memphis
• Request/Start/Stop Services Link: http://www.westmemphisutilities.com/…/Start-and-Stop-Utilit…
• Call us at 870-735-3355 or contact us for other business needs visit: https://www.westmemphisar.gov/Directory.aspx?DID=29