The City Engineer's Office provides civil engineering guidance to the Mayor, city departments, boards and commissions, and the general public. The engineer provides project engineering and technical oversight for capital projects that involve planning, design, and construction of the city's street pavement, curb and gutter, sidewalk, storm drain and miscellaneous surface drainage facilities to insure adherence to the appropriate standards and guidelines.
This division also provides installation and maintenance of signs and markings along streets and maintenance of traffic signals for the City of West Memphis.
Duties & Responsibilities
The engineer's responsibilities include:
- Regulating and monitoring public and private construction in the city corporate limits
- Leading project bid openings
- Facilitating the contract paperwork flow such as bid schedule, request for bids, bid tabulations, Statement of Qualifications, and right-of-way permits
- Providing engineering analysis, surveying, design, preparation and review of plans, specifications and cost estimates
- Helping develop and implement processes to improve services with the construction community and provides research as requested
- Handling construction and site inspection
- Administering permit process for grading and work in the right-of-way
- Overseeing Right-of-way acquisition/relocation administration
- All Major Capital Infrastructure Projects
- Stormwater monitoring, inspection, reporting, permitting and major infrastructure repair.