The City of West Memphis does not give up the right to stage any event.
The building shall not be available to the public on the following days:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Good Friday
- Mother's Day
- Memorial Day
- Father's Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
The Auditorium is also closed any weekend connected to these holidays. Holidays and holiday weekends begin at 5 p.m. preceding a holiday and ends at 8 a.m. on the day after.
- All Auditorium rental fees must be paid by cash, check or credit/debit only (no money orders). Non-profit and church organizations must make payment with a (check/debit only) from the church or organizations business account. ONLY Non-profit Organizations physically located within the West Memphis city limits will receive the non-profit rates (with proper documentation).
- Failure to pay the balance by the due date will result in forfeiture of security deposit.
- Failure to vacate the rented area by the time specified on the contract shall result in half of the original charge.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on City property (Inside or Outside).
- No alteration to any building mechanical or electrical equipment.
- No equipment is to be moved from its proper location without permission.
- No event shall be allowed that would be deemed unsuitable, questionable or of an improper nature for the general public. The management reserves the right through its staff to eject any objectionable person or persons from the Auditorium.
- No event shall take place without a signed contract. No contract shall be entered into with a minor.
- No gum allowed inside the Auditorium. No confetti allowed inside the Auditorium.
- No holes are to be drilled into the stage floor without prior staff approval.
- No littering. Trash cans are provided.
- No smoking, fires or pyrotechnics allowed inside the Auditorium.
- No sublease of any portion of the building. No doors are to be propped open.
- No tape of any kind is allowed on any non-set surface. Gaffer's tape or spike tape is permitted.
- No weapons (except for security agents) will be allowed on the premises. The staff reserves the right to require metal detection devices to be used for any event. The Lessee will be responsible for making the necessary arrangements for this service with the proper officials if required.
- Time changes on contracts should be made (2 weeks) prior to the event date to allow time for security staffing or the event will be canceled.
- We reserve the right to ask any Lessee to provide security officers (at their expense). (Security will only be provided by the West Memphis Police Department (WMPD).
Any disturbances related to an event, being held at the Auditorium that jeopardizes the safety of patrons may result in immediate termination of the event (without refund) and/or future denial of rentals.
Additional Rules for Minors
- All events for minors (for example, Dances, Parties, Talent Shows, etc.) shall be over and Auditorium property vacated by 11 p.m.
- All trash is to be taken outside and placed in the dumpster by the lessee. Liners are provided in all trash receptacles in the building.
- Mandatory Security - number of officers, rate, and timespan to be determined by the West Memphis Police Department. (Non-negotiable)
- No event (for example, Dances, Parties, Talent Shows, etc.) of persons under 21 will be allowed without required adult supervision:
- No minors will be allowed in the building unsupervised. This includes the time before and after events.
- No sponsor should leave the Auditorium until all minors have been picked up. Please make prior arrangements to ensure that the building will be vacated in a timely fashion and that no minors will be left on premises unattended.
Failure to comply with one or all of these rules, federal, state, or local laws may result in immediate termination of the event (without refund) and/or the denial of future rental requests.