Sanitation service will be changed that week as follows:
• Monday, June 29th & Tuesday, June 30th customers will be serviced on Monday, June 29th
• Wednesday, July 1st customers will be serviced on Tuesday, June 30th
• Thursday, July 2nd customers will be serviced on Wednesday, July 1st
• Friday, July 3rd customers will be serviced on Thursday, July 2nd.
• NO SERVICE on Friday, July 3rd
• Regular schedule resumes on Monday, July 6th
All city offices will be closed Friday, July 3rd and will re-open Monday, July 6th.
All emergency services will operate on normal schedules.
West Memphis Utilities after hours outages may be reached at (870) 735-3355 (option 2)
The Sanitation Department, having 32 employees, offers both residential and commercial service to the city of West Memphis. The Sanitation Department has:
- 2 front end loaders
- 4 trash trucks
- 7 rear end loaders
The front and rear end loaders make 2 runs per day to the Crittenden County landfill.
Residential & Commercial Service
Residential trash service will now be Monday through Friday with one pick-up per week. (See map below). Commercial service is on a prearranged schedule to meet individual service needs.
New Curbside Trash Route Map
- Ward 1 - Monday
- Ward 2 - Tuesday
- Ward 3 - Wednesday
- Ward 4 - Thursday
- Ward 5 - Friday
The City does not pick up truckloads of tree trunks and branches over 10 inches in diameter and no more than 6 feet in length. If you have a tree cut down or tree trimming done, you also need to make arrangements to have the material hauled off.
The City cannot haul it off because the City operates 4 trash trucks to pick up normal residential curbside trash. We will cover the entire City each week based your scheduled pick up day. This cannot be done if trash trucks are tied up for hours hauling tree debris from one location. Plus, our equipment was not made to operate as logging trucks.
Your monthly sanitation fee covers weekly residential trash pickup. The removal of large piles of tree branches is not a part of the residential trash pickup. For this reason, we do not pick up roofing shingles, demolition/remodeling material or masonry/concrete items either.
What is the difference between garbage and trash?
• Garbage is defined food, food containers, organic waste, clothing, etc…
• Trash is defined as yard waste, such as grass clippings, weeds, twigs leaves, etc…
If you have questions about what we pick up, please call the Sanitation Department at